The American Saddlebred Horse Amateur Futurity of Wisconsin will be shown in three divisions: Weanlings, Yearlings, and Two-Year Olds.
All horses shown must be the produce of stallions and mares who have been previously registered by the American Saddlebred Horse Association.
NOMINATION OF SIRE – AMATEUR FUTURITY
HOW TO NOMINATE THE SIRE
To nominate a stallion in the Futurity, it is necessary: (1 ) That the stallion be registered with the American Saddlebred Horse Association, and, (2) That a fee of $75.00 be paid to the Futurity on or before April 15 of the year the foal is born, with the privilege of the late nomination due June 15 at a fee of $100.00.
NOMINATION OF DAM – AMATEUR FUTURITY
HOW TO NOMINATE THE DAM
To nominate a mare in the Futurity it is necessary: (1 ) That the mare be registered with the American Saddlebred Horse Association, and, (2) That a fee of $30.00 be paid to the Amateur Futurity on or before June 15th of he year in which the foal is to be eligible for the Weanling Division of the Amateur Futurity. Note: In the year of the nomination, if more than one foal is to be nominated, a $30/dam + $30/foal nomination fee will be due by June 15th.
THE WEANLING DIVISION – AMATEUR FUTURITY
HOW TO MAKE A WEANLING ELIGIBLE
In order to make a foal eligible to show in the Weanling Division of the Amateur Futurity, the following conditions must be complied with:
- The sire and dam must be nominated to the WI Amateur Futurity on or before June 15th of the year in which the foal is born.
- In order to be shown in the Weanling Division, the foal must be registered on or before the entry closing date and time of its 1st class. The weanling may be conditionally registered by the entry closing date/time, however, premium money will not be paid to winners holding a Conditional Registration until ASHA has certified that a valid registration certificate has been issued.
- In order to remain eligible in the WI Futurity, ALL WEANLINGS must be registered (or application received in the ASHA office) by December 31 of the foaling year. Pending applications must be completed by February 28th of the yearling year.
- The nomination fee must be paid to the WI Amateur Futurity on or before June 15th of the year the foal is born. HOW SHOWN. The entries in this division shall be shown In-Hand.
- Upon notification to the Futurity Secretary by ASHA that blood-testing procedures have disqualified an entry as the offspring of the sire and/or dam as listed on the registration application and that the entry’s conditional registration number is invalid, the owner shall forfeit and return all premium money, trophies, and ribbons to the Futurity Secretary upon request.
THE YEARLING DIVISION – AMATEUR FUTURITY
HOW TO KEEP THE YEARLING ELIGIBLE
In order to make a colt, filly, or gelding eligible to show in the Yearling Division of the Amateur Futurity, the following conditions must be complied with:
- The colt, filly, or gelding must have been entered in the Weanling Division of this Futurity and all conditions and requirements of that Division must have been fulfilled.
- $40.00 must be paid to the Futurity on or before June 15th of the year following the birth of foal. HOW SHOWN. The entries in this division shall be shown In-hand.
THE TWO-YEAR OLD DIVISION – AMATEUR FUTURITY
HOW TO KEEP THE TWO-YEAR OLD ELIGIBLE
In order to make a colt, filly, or gelding eligible toshow in the Two-Year Old Division of the Amateur Futurity, the following conditions must be complied with:
- The cold, filly, or gelding must have been entered in the Weanling and Yearling Division of this Amateur Futurity and all conditions and requirements of those Divisions must have been fulfilled.
- $40.00 must be paid to the Futurity on or before June 15th of the year the entry becomes a two-year old. HOW SHOWN. The entries in this division shall be shown In-hand.
SHOWING WEANLINGS AND YEARLINGS
IN-HAND AND MODEL
Entries to be led in the ring and shown in bridle or halter without quarter boots, blinkers, blindfolds or other appliances. PROHIBITED: Curb bits and tail sets on weanlings and yearlings.
The use of artificial appliances or devices on weanlings and yearlings such as chains, shackles, rubber bands or blindfolds is prohibited on the show grounds before or during a show. Smooth, round leather straps will be allowed on the grounds before a class.
Blinker hoods with half-cups mounted in the vertical position so as to allow forward vision are allowed on weanlings and yearlings on the grounds before a class.
Weanlings and yearlings must show with uncut, unset tails, tail sets and bustles worn on the show grounds or in preparation for the show are expressly forbidden on weanlings. Bustles are permitted on yearlings.
Any entry with prohibited equipment must be disqualified and shall forfeit all entry fees and winnings at that competition.
Only two people per animal are permitted in the ring. Handlers and attendants must be neatly and appropriately dressed in clean and well-fitted clothes. Each may carry or use a whip not exceeding 6′ including lash; the lash shall not have been altered in any way. It must be a standard whip of suitable style. Exception: a small empty paper bag, a small plastic bag or ribbons may be attached to the whip. The small empty bag may be used separately.
HOW THE PRIZES ARE DIVIDED
In each division, the winner will receive 30% of the prize fund of that division; second, 25%; third, 20%; fourth, 15%; and fifth, 10%.
The nominator of the dam of the champion foal in the Weanling Division will receive $50.00. The nominator of the dam of the reserve champion foal in the Weanling Division will receive $25.00. The nominator of the sire of the champion foal in the Weanling Division will receive $50.00, and the nominator of the sire of the reserve champion foal in the Weanling Division will receive $25.00.
VALUE OF THE PRIZE FUND
The value of the Prize Fund of the Futurity each year shall be the total amount of money paid in fees, miscellaneous funds, and added donations less administrative expenses. Each year the specific awards to the nominators of the sires and dams will be deducted before the division of the Prize Fund among the four regular divisions of the Futurity.
The Prize Fund shall be divided equally between Weanling, Yearling, and Two-Year-Old Divisions. At the discretion of the Board of Directors, the classes may be divided according to sex. Prize money will be divided between the filly and stallion-gelding section of each division as above.
All prize money shall be paid to the winners after the show by mail.
A MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $25.00 MUST ACCOMPANY NOMINATION BLANK TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR BOTH AMATEUR AND OPEN FUTURITIES
Make checks payable to: AMERICAN SADDLEBRED HORSE BREEDERS FUTURITY OF WISCONSIN INC. (ASHB FUTURITY OF WISCONSIN)
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BEAR POSTMARK BEFORE MIDNIGHT OF DUE DATE. NOMINATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER DUE DATE.
No entry is liable for more than the amount paid in but there will be no return of a payment. The right is reserved to reject any entry, and to debar any entry from competition for failure to comply with the conditions of the Futurity.
MANAGEMENT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY TO REMIND NOMINATORS OF PAYMENTS DUE. KEEP COPY OF ABOVE PAYMENT DATES IN YOUR FILE.